Friday, October 22, 2010

Boys boys boys


At four years' of age Megan has discovered boys.

A few weeks ago she told us about Michael, a boy in senior kindergarten (Megan is in junior kindergarten) who has "the most beautiful face ever!" As she told us she was grinning from ear to ear, dimples for miles. She explained that she sat next to him all day, until he asked her to stop. The following week she brought some artwork home from school and she had written "Michael" across the top. Just this week we learned Michael lives on our street!

Of course, things aren't quite that simple. Yesterday I found Megan digging through her schoolbag. She was concerned about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I lost Mark's phone number," she replied. "He put it in my bag so Michael wouldn't see."

Later she told me that kissing is not allowed in school, but that Zachary tries to kiss her "on the lips!". She assures me that she doesn't kiss him back.

Last night we were watching a movie. In one scene there was a group of young boys walking down the street. Megan exclaimed, "Boys! They're my favorite!"

Is this where I start "joking" about shotguns...?


No comments: