Saturday, January 16, 2010

megan is not ready to move out...

This morning Lori, Reznor, and myself got up at 8:00. We were downstairs puttering around when Megan called out. I went upstairs to say good morning. She was hugging her bears with a sad look on her face. "Daddy, you went downstairs and left me upstairs all alone..." I explained to her that we didn't want to wake her up so she could get more sleep. "Someday you'll appreciate that and want to sleep in as long as you can." Megan wasn't buying it.

Megan says, "When I get older I'm going to sleep in your bed and Mommy can sleep in Reznor's rocking chair."

I said, "When you get older you'll want to move out and live in your own house--maybe even a condo downtown."

Megan's jaw dropped open and her eyes welled up with tears. "No Daddy, I don't want to leave."

"When you get older you'll want to leave, you just don't know it yet."

"No Daddy!"

"That's OK, you're only three... someday you'll understand. Let's go eat some breakfast."



No comments: