Friday, January 15, 2010

Preschool Deception and Destruction

Megan woke up early this morning, 5am to be precise. We were tending to Reznor. We told Megan to go back to bed until 7:00. Megan says, "but Mommy, it is seven already--but don't look." I.e. she wanted us to take her word for it--she didn't want us to verify by checking the clock ourselves.


This morning Megan, Reznor, and I were sitting eating our breakfasts. I was feeding Reznor. Everything seemed to be going fine. I thought for sure I would be able to get Megan to daycare by 9am. Detecting movement out of the corner of my eye I turned to see Megan backing up slowly into the dining room. In her hands she held her Dora placemat. On the placemat was her bowl of cereal!!



Time slowed down as I leaped from my chair. "Noooooooo!" I screamed (in slow motion) as the placemat buckled and the cereal crashed to the floor.



It was a disaster.



Milk splattered all over the carpet. Multigrain Cheerios, bran flakes, mini shredded wheats, and raisons scattered all over the place.



I yelled, I fumed. Megan cried.



I ordered her to clean up the cereal so I could finish feeding Reznor. Then I mopped up the spilled milk with a couple of hand towels. It's been a few hours... I haven't gone back to see how the carpet is doing.

No comments: